Port # a device is connected to on the MX

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Port # a device is connected to on the MX

I noticed yesterday that you can view the actual port # that a device is connect to on an MX when you are using the mobile app. This was surprising to me - as I have always wanted this info.

Any plans to make this available in the web UI?

5 REPLIES 5
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can see this for clients in the dashboard if you hit the spanner button on the right hand side and add the "port" column.

lpopejoy
A model citizen

Unless I’m mistaken, I don’t think that shows unless you have a Meraki Switch. At least it doesn’t show for me. You are talking about network wide->clients, right?

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are right. You can only select port in the client view  if you have a switch. And then you can also see it for the mx.

Dont know if its a bug or expected 

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You're right - the ports I was seeing was devices connected to a switch.

Weird that it would be different between website and app.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is the information that was in the dashboard for a day or so and to me has the same issue, so I am surprised that it is still there.  On an MX75 that I have in routed mode with most ports set to access VLAN x, I have:

Device Name

Port 6 via (MX name)

On the details tab I have:

Wired connection

Security gateway (MX name)

Port                      5

This mismatch is exactly why the web page was pulled and it appears to have not been fixed in the app...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels