Port Forwarding

SOLVED
latintrpt
Getting noticed

Port Forwarding

Hi,

I have an MX100 that is connected to a Layer 3 core MS250-48FP stack.  I'm trying to setup port forwarding for a client I have on my LAN (Sonitrol Panel) with the following requirements:

latintrpt_0-1655941139190.png

Since my MS is doing the routing for the panel VLAN, how would I set this up or would I need to move routing to the MX for this VLAN?

Also, how would the port forwarding rule look like on the MX?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Like this 

thomasthomsen_0-1656018333268.png

Im guessing you are not blocking any outbound traffic in your firewall settings. So this should work.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
latintrpt
Getting noticed

Anyone that can help out or have any ideas? Do I even need a port forwarding rule in place on the MX?

Dont you have a route from your MX to the Network with your client ?.

Like a small routing net between your core and your MX ?

If you have, you should be able just to do the NAT configuration to the client IP, as you would do PAT/NAT to a directly (VLAN on MX) connected client. It should not be a problem.

Yes I do. On the MX I have a static route to the Sonitrol panels network with next hop being MS via a transit VLAN

Can you show me how the configuration should look for on the NAT based off the firewall requirements above?

Like this 

thomasthomsen_0-1656018333268.png

Im guessing you are not blocking any outbound traffic in your firewall settings. So this should work.

Awesome, I appreciate you explaining and showing me the configuration.

No worries

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels