New to Meraki - Transfer Device

SOLVED
SchroCo
Conversationalist

New to Meraki - Transfer Device

I'm with a small MSP and we recently replaced a Meraki for a new client. We'd like to log on and look at the old config to make sure we didn't miss anything when setting up the replacement firewall. How do I go about transferring the device to our account so that we can use the Meraki dashboard?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Nash
Kind of a big deal

No, not really. That'd be a violation of privacy.

What you could do is either a) ask the old MSP for a read-only account so you can grab the config, or b) ask the old MSP to run @PhilipDAth's backup script. Then you can tweak the resulting script so it'll load onto the new equipment you've setup.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Nash
Kind of a big deal

You'll need to be added as an administrator to your client's existing firewall's dashboard, by someone who has administrator access.

SchroCo
Conversationalist

Thanks! They have a leasing company and an old MSP. Is there anywhere I can see where this particular serial number is registered?

Nash
Kind of a big deal

No, not really. That'd be a violation of privacy.

What you could do is either a) ask the old MSP for a read-only account so you can grab the config, or b) ask the old MSP to run @PhilipDAth's backup script. Then you can tweak the resulting script so it'll load onto the new equipment you've setup.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels