AS400 access

Solved
louyo
Here to help

AS400 access

Is anyone connecting to an AS400 connected via MX67, using the client VPN connection?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
Nash
Kind of a big deal

If your people on the road use Windows 10, check out the PowerShell scripts in my signature. They're about half comments, most of them instructions for changing it from all users to single user, but I try to explain what each segment does.

We haven't had problems with the MacOS native client in the latest iterations of said OS.

>>Me too. We don't allow that. 

MSP life. I enlisted every possible person in the chain between myself and the client w/ the AS400, and... no dice. I still worry.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Yes, what's up?

Remember that client VPN is on a separate subnet all its own, so you may have to make adjustments to accommodate that.

We also have vendors who demand naked telnet access and swear it's secure, which makes me cry.

louyo
Here to help

We are looking to replace a Brand X firewall that uses SSL-VPN for such connections. Need to connect the road warriors to the 400. I thought they could use the L2TP connection to access the LAN and the 400. In the past, we had trouble using IPSEC clients. 

>>which makes me cry.

Me too. We don't allow that. 

Lou

Nash
Kind of a big deal

If your people on the road use Windows 10, check out the PowerShell scripts in my signature. They're about half comments, most of them instructions for changing it from all users to single user, but I try to explain what each segment does.

We haven't had problems with the MacOS native client in the latest iterations of said OS.

>>Me too. We don't allow that. 

MSP life. I enlisted every possible person in the chain between myself and the client w/ the AS400, and... no dice. I still worry.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels