New 'live' firewall logs display (18.211.2) reporting incorrect Rule #'s

Solved
Dunky
A model citizen

New 'live' firewall logs display (18.211.2) reporting incorrect Rule #'s

Has anyone else noticed that the Rule # that is displayed is totally wrong.

Did a capture for 'Allowed' matches for a specific client and its reporting a match on a rule # which is actually a DENY.

Is everyone else seeing this too?

1 Accepted Solution
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is it off by 1? Looking at my MX my deny at the end is #16 in the UI, but 15 on the firewall log meaning internally it must be starting at 0 unlike the UI rule list.

Ryan / Meraki Solutions Engineer

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Is it off by 1? Looking at my MX my deny at the end is #16 in the UI, but 15 on the firewall log meaning internally it must be starting at 0 unlike the UI rule list.

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.

Hi Ryan,

Yeah, I think you may be correct, the actual rule # is one higher than the tool reports.

Lets hope that gets corrected 🙂 

I checked. It's already a logged ticket and hopefully will get worked on at some point.

Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Data structures starting at zero - the software developers' old nemesis. 😂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels