New MX 18.107.2 stable release candidate patch released - fixes Z3(C) auto-VPN latency!

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New MX 18.107.2 stable release candidate patch released - fixes Z3(C) auto-VPN latency!

Security appliance firmware versions MX 18.107.2 changelog

Bug fixes

• Corrected a rare issue that could result in large increases in latency experienced over AutoVPN connections on Z3(C) appliances.

Legacy products notice

• When configured for this version, Z1 and MX80 devices will run MX 14.56.
  • When configured for this version, MX400 and MX600 devices will run MX 16.16.9.

Known issues

• After making some configuration changes on MX84 appliances, a brief period of packet loss may occur. This will affect all MX84 appliances on all MX firmware versions
  • Due to an MX 15 regression, the management port on MX84 appliances does not provide access to the local status page
  • MX appliances will now properly validate that DBD packets conform to the appropriate MTU size. If the MX's OSPF peer has an improper MTU configured, it may cause the OSPF adjacency to fail to properly form. The updated behavior properly conforms to RFC. Please ensure these settings are properly configured on any MX's OSPF peers to avoid disruption after upgrading to MX 18.1.X.
  • Due to an MX 17 regression, RADIUS messages that transit across AutoVPN may fail to be routed correctly.
10 Replies 10
aleung
Conversationalist

When is this ever going to be fixed?

- Due to an MX 17 regression, RADIUS messages that transit across AutoVPN may fail to be routed correctly.

I'm still running MX16 firmware for a bunch of my smaller MX appliances with built in wifi because radius auth will fail if i upgrade to anything newer.
aungmyatmin521
Here to help

If I un-claim a MX84 with 17.10.5 and re-claim in a new org, will it be automatically upgraded to 18.107.2? Because I did the same procedure for MX64 and surprisingly found that it was upgraded to 18.107.2 after the claiming. Please note that I did configure the dashboard in advance before I claim.

aungmyatmin521
Here to help

May I also know what will be the major difference between version 17 and 18? Which one is recommended to have?

cockroach_c
Conversationalist

I was looking at the forum for MX Version 18.107 . In it, some users seem to have had issues with Auto VPN speeds. Recently, we upgraded to 18.107.2 and I am seeing autovpn speed issues. Has anyone else been experiencing this on 18.107.2 ? 

Replying to my own comment! So, we downgraded to 17.10.4 on both of our devices that had the auto vpn and everything is working again. It looks like there are still issues (similar to previous stable candidate) with auto vpn latency and drops. We are locking in the 17.10.4 until there is a new stable version to try. 

Frans_Smit
Conversationalist

Do we know when this will be fixed? 

• Due to an MX 17 regression, RADIUS messages that transit across AutoVPN may fail to be routed correctly.
nzkeewee
Comes here often

We've recently had 117 Meraki MX65's receive MX 18.107.2  (upgrading from MX 16.16.9) and the USB LTE dongles plugged into their USB ports for a failover link no longer show in the dashboard on the networks. The cellular line in the network connectivity graph ends on the date these upgraded.

We've tried rebooting devices, no change. We've tried failing over to the cellular, nothing. The LED's on the dongles that show power and connectivity no longer light up (but do if plugged into a computer). It's as thought MX 18.107.2 either turned off or killed the USB port.

Has anyone else seen or experienced this? It seems to be getting risky letting Meraki push Stable firmware releases these days! 🙁

And reading the other comments, it sounds like we should step right back to MX 16.16.9 for complete reliability especially if there is RADIUS involved...

aleung
Conversationalist

Radius is only an issue with the smaller MX appliances that are using the built in wifi. The bigger MX using external AP are fine. 

ALAB
Just browsing

My company recently just update to this firmware. After update, our Meraki MX84 auto detect that there has been a rouge DHCP Server in network but when I checked by using DHCP snooping I could not find a rouge DHCP server. I checked in Event Log it show that MX84 detected itself as a rogue DHCP server. I had to restart device so that MX84 could give DHCP again. Please help me

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgrade to 18.107.5, that is the stable patch.  18.107.2 is just a step to it from earlier versions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels