Need to access internal server from internet (MX65W)

Red
New here

Need to access internal server from internet (MX65W)

Hello,

Currently i'm using meraki mx65w for my branches offices. This meraki got 2 uplink/internet link. Internet 1 connected to broadband while internet 2 connected to LTE. Internet access from the branches is using local internet breakout instead going back to HQ. Each branches have it own web server but the web server is running on private IP LAN. 

I'm trying to access the web server from home via internet cloud and i have done NAT and port forwarding in meraki but still unsuccessful. Appreciate your idea to solve this problem.

Thank You

Red.

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Can you post a screenshot of your config?  Obviously, you can black out the private info. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MistahReeves
Conversationalist

One option is to enable the Client VPN feature on the MX65W. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Client_VPN/Client_VPN_Overview

Then you could securely access anything within the network without having to deal with complicated port forwarding that could potentially become a security risk. That is, unless, your goal is to be able to access your web server publicly, in which case we'll have to take a look at your current forwarding rules, as previously mentioned, and see what can be done to fix them.

-Rob

DeanDunlop
Conversationalist

You will need to set up the port forwarding rule like this.

Description         Uplink         Protocol        Public Port         Lan IP         Local Port       Allowed remote IP's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server         Both              TCP                 80         Server  Address     80                       Any

DeanDunlop
Conversationalist

You will need to set up the port forwarding rule like this.

Description         Uplink         Protocol        Public Port         Lan IP         Local Port       Allowed remote IP's

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Web Server         Both              TCP                 80         Server  Address     80                       Any

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels