cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need built in Alerting on WAN2 connectivity loss

Here to help

Need built in Alerting on WAN2 connectivity loss

This is seriously a problem. If WAN2 goes down and is NOT the primary uplink, there are no meaningful alerts generated. There is not a syslog message.

This is a NO BRAINER. Yes I can use SNMP monitoring via a separate system, or ping the WAN IP's via a different system, but I shouldn't have to do that. 

Please improve alerting on connectivity loss to WAN connections. I need a clear message like "WAN2 is offline or unreachable" or "Internet2 is offline, but Internet1 is still active."

I have made "wishes" but I need something better. For all of the impressive features on the MX devices, this VERY basic feature is missed. 

-T-800

6 REPLIES 6
Getting noticed

Re: Need built in Alerting on WAN2 connectivity loss

Very good idea! Lets hope they can roll this out. 

Kind of a big deal

I've thought the same thing.  On my vast to-do list is to code a dashboard using the APIs to build a single screen to show me all of my networks, WAN1, WAN2 status and perhaps even let me nickname them so I recall what service they are.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Here to help

That would be a slick tool, Adam. I'd settle for just a couple of Events being created, so that I could have Syslog look for the event and Alert on it. 

Conversationalist

Hi, I make a wish for this too, but in this meantime i do it with API and works fine!.

Kind of a big deal

@Fernandes

Out of curiosity how are you utilizing this feature? I can open Postman and pull the information but that does me no good as its all a manual process. Do you have some sort of monitoring system that is reporting off the data somehow?

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Getting noticed

how?
example?
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.