Mysterious DNS & DHCP

Solved
DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

Mysterious DNS & DHCP

An MX68 is setup to host DHCP for the network.  I have some clients that are picking up a DNS server of 192.168.15.1 even though that IP is not an upstream DNS and it is not listed in our custom name servers.  How can I track where it is getting this assignment from?  The rest of the IP address pool is accurate, it's getting the 192.168.1.x I expect it to get.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best way is to identify (in my opinion) the MAC of this "fake" server and try to locate where this MAC is connected.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best way is to identify (in my opinion) the MAC of this "fake" server and try to locate where this MAC is connected.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

One of the reasons I am a Meraki advocate; is it would have taken me much longer to find out where it was without a dashboard to search for it in.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels