Mysterious DNS & DHCP

Solved
DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

Mysterious DNS & DHCP

An MX68 is setup to host DHCP for the network.  I have some clients that are picking up a DNS server of 192.168.15.1 even though that IP is not an upstream DNS and it is not listed in our custom name servers.  How can I track where it is getting this assignment from?  The rest of the IP address pool is accurate, it's getting the 192.168.1.x I expect it to get.

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best way is to identify (in my opinion) the MAC of this "fake" server and try to locate where this MAC is connected.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best way is to identify (in my opinion) the MAC of this "fake" server and try to locate where this MAC is connected.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DanielBHSNIT
Getting noticed

One of the reasons I am a Meraki advocate; is it would have taken me much longer to find out where it was without a dashboard to search for it in.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.