Mx64 Client VPN Question

Aleb009
Comes here often

Mx64 Client VPN Question

I have a couple of possibly silly questions for you guys.

First of all, I am trying to create a client VPN using a MX64. So far so good, I can reach the internet as well as view my traffic with dashboard from a location other than where the meraki is located. The issue I'm running into is that I want to be able to view/share files from one location to the network that the mx64 is located on. I don't have the ability to run wires from the mx64 to other computers in the building, so I would like to be able to set up a wireless router post meraki.

As of right now I am stuck there because the router can access the internet fine, however VPN shuts down a few moments after connection unless the router is unplugged. Not sure what I did wrong here.

My second question is that this morning I noticed I have a new tab in the dashboard for the meraki which says "wireless" on the left side, if I go to "access points" it says I have an MR42 which is not connecting to the internet. There is only a Shaw internet modem and the MX64 attached to the internet so I am a little confused on what the MR42 is doing there.

1 Reply 1
Marc-NCR
Just browsing

your message is old, so probably you solved your issues already. however, just in case this answer can still be valuable, do you have an MX64 or MX64W ? If MX64W, then its wireless interface can be double wireless connection compared to the wireless router.

About your MR42, if it is on the same network as the MX64 in the Dashboard, this is because someone added it from the organization inventory to this network. I cannot go there by itself.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels