Multiple Scheduling

SOLVED
AFH002
Conversationalist

Multiple Scheduling

We have MX100 in our boarding school, we have to create a few restrictions. 

1. Internet should be off between 22:30 and 5:00 - This schedule is working perfectly. 

2. Social Media should be off during class hours between 5:00 - 16:00. This is where I am struggling with. 

I have created a group policy called students that have all clients attached to. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Ah ok, thought you are disabling the SSID for that time, haha (wouldn´t make sence as they may do research on the web)

I am afraid you can only use 1 schedule in each GP and only use 1 GP per Client, so you may have a problem.

Tried to find something in the settings and research without any success.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Hi @AFH002 ,

not sure what the question is. Haven´t used it, but it should work like you wrote... Just did it for me, would look like this:

2019-08-29 13_35_25-Group policies configuration - Meraki Dashboard.png

This is not working for you?

AFH002
Conversationalist

Hello  @MarcP,

Thanks for the input. 

I need to do two schedules.

1. Internet off at certain time - which is working 

2. I also need to turn off social media access at certain time during the day. 

The first part works like charm. The question is how to create two schedules for the same group policy. 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Ah ok, thought you are disabling the SSID for that time, haha (wouldn´t make sence as they may do research on the web)

I am afraid you can only use 1 schedule in each GP and only use 1 GP per Client, so you may have a problem.

Tried to find something in the settings and research without any success.

AFH002
Conversationalist

Thanks so much. Made a wish so hopefully in the near future. 

leonardogcosta
Here to help

I have this problem too. Another way that I am thinking about is to apply more than one group policy per vlan. But for now none of this options are available, unfortunately.

If we assume that the clients we want to block, shape and or control are all wireless clients would it not be possible to assign ONE group policy by device type(all devices) at the SSID level and then again assign a scheduled policy on the vlan at the MX level?

Happiman
Building a reputation

@Kenneth 

That might work. Then I guess "Student Only" SSID is required.

image.png

it depends, if you have a large number of users that  should not be in this policy the answer is yes. if the number is low, whitelist the clients mac adress.

but then again, I see you have mr´s so just set up an employee ssid and tunnel that into another vlan if you ha e kt and then you. an granulate acces in the same way for this if needed , also routing to shared and employee print will be easier if needed i.ex.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you also have Meraki MR's?  If so, use "SSID Availability" and have it turned off overnight.

On the MX then use a scheduled group policy to block social media between 5am and 4pm.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels