Moving to a new ISP

Matt75
Comes here often

Moving to a new ISP

Hello,

We are moving to a new ISP.  We've been given a WAN /30 block, and an additional LAN /29 block.  I have my WAN eth01 configured for the /30 address (xxx.xxx.206.206).  I'm not sure the best way to setup the additional /29 ips (xxx.xxx.206.234-238) to NAT to inside/private LAN addresses.

Thanks,

Matt

3 Replies 3
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

So, the /29 is for internal hosts that need to be accessed by the outside world? You can create the /29 subnet on the LAN side of the MX. Then create 1 to 1 NAT rules using the same real IP in both the Public and LAN IP spots. Screenshot examples below. And apologies if I misinterpreted your goal.

Or if the inside hosts will have private IPs then just adjust from the screenshot below to have the real/Public IP map to the corresponding private IP.

Screen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.08.34.pngScreen Shot 2022-03-09 at 12.09.25.png

Matt75
Comes here often

You are correct.  The ip's on the /29 do need to be accessed outside.  I would have to NAT the outside addresses to the private LAN address (192.168.176.x).

Got it. So yeah use the 1:1 NAT config and if you need to further limit it to specific accessible ports click the allow more connections link shown in the screenshot.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels