Misconfigured DNS with Z3 and Inseego FX2000

Solved
TRBO_KCMO
Here to help

Misconfigured DNS with Z3 and Inseego FX2000

We keep getting a misconfigured DNS error when using an Inseego FX2000 5G mifi from T-Mobile with Z3's, but not with MX64, MX64W or MX67. I've used 16.16, 16.16.6 and 18.10 firmware with same results. Hoping someone might have some experience with the FX2000 that could let us know what to tweak, whether that be Z3 or Inseego. Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
TRBO_KCMO
Here to help

I think we've got it. We had to do manual DNS on the Inseego FX2000. Set it to Google (8.8.8.8) and let it marinate overnight. All good this morning. Rebooted the Inseegos - came back OK. Rebooted 2 test Z3's and a MX67 - Also came back good. So, the solution for DNS Misconfigured error is set the manual DNS on the Inseego.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi ,

I don't have any Z3 to this , but is it affecting ALL your Z3s ?

If not , can you take a packet capture and see if the DNS requests sourced by the Z3 are received a valid response ?

If you are sure that everything is fine , I would suggest you to open a case with Meraki so that they can log this issue.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Alerts_and_Notificati....

Section : DNS is Misconfigured

TRBO_KCMO
Here to help

Actually had it happen with a MX67 yesterday. Then it got stranger. I had network, but no Internet. Everything was getting resolved by internal DNS, but couldn't get out. I still have more testing to do. There's an option for passthrough IP on the Inseego. We'll see how that works.

TRBO_KCMO
Here to help

I think we've got it. We had to do manual DNS on the Inseego FX2000. Set it to Google (8.8.8.8) and let it marinate overnight. All good this morning. Rebooted the Inseegos - came back OK. Rebooted 2 test Z3's and a MX67 - Also came back good. So, the solution for DNS Misconfigured error is set the manual DNS on the Inseego.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels