Meraki subnets outside of the Auto-VPN

Solved
househed
Here to help

Meraki subnets outside of the Auto-VPN

Hi,

Can non VPN subnets, eg a guest VLAN, overlap across multiple MX appliances?

Say I have 3-4 sites that have a guest VLAN that is not in the VPN, use the same subnet.

I dont see why not, as I already a few like that, but thought I'd ask if there are any issues/limitations.

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can overlap those subnets but you will not be able to include them in auto VPN.

The sanity check dashboard does is to see if that subnet would appear in the routing table of another AutoVPN participant.
You could notice if you clone a network it does have the same networks but the site-2-site feature is disabled then to avoid this scenario.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes you can overlap those subnets but you will not be able to include them in auto VPN.

The sanity check dashboard does is to see if that subnet would appear in the routing table of another AutoVPN participant.
You could notice if you clone a network it does have the same networks but the site-2-site feature is disabled then to avoid this scenario.

Abel85
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You can also enable Site-to-site VPN Translation (VPN NAT) if you want to add them in the future:
https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Site-to-site_VPN/Using_Site-to-site_VPN_Translation

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels