Meraki MX84 setup

SOLVED
AnnS
Conversationalist

Meraki MX84 setup

I want to set this router up in a live environment.  Is it possible to get it on the network, add the settings and lastly change the gateway configuration at the end, without it affecting the current router settings? thoughts?

What's the easiest way to do this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes I do this.  Just plug my MX into a regular access port.  It'll get DHCP and checkin to the dashboard so you can start configuring it.  Then my last step is to configure the static IP on the WAN interface before putting it into production.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Yes I do this.  Just plug my MX into a regular access port.  It'll get DHCP and checkin to the dashboard so you can start configuring it.  Then my last step is to configure the static IP on the WAN interface before putting it into production.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
AnnS
Conversationalist

thanks Adam.
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

And another thing that could happen is that you'll need to reboot the next device up the line when you replace the firewall. I've had a couple times replacing a firewall and had to reboot the modem in front of it as it was caching arp and wasn't happy.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels