Meraki MX75 error

Solved
SteveLandon
Here to help

Meraki MX75 error

This error appeared on newly installed MX75: This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 0 instead of using configured VLAN 1 .  History is that previous network equipment owned by soemone else so we took equipment out and installed/created a new network, Everything seems to work but this error. Previous installation had the Meraki ms120-24 directly connected to the ISP. Config now is:

ISP

MX75

MS120-24

10 MR46E AP

The ISP is still handing out dhcp . We turned off dhcp in the MX75. Do we need a static IP from the ISP?

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your WAN is probably configured with VLAN, just leave it blank.

alemabrahao_0-1711031147328.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Your WAN is probably configured with VLAN, just leave it blank.

alemabrahao_0-1711031147328.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Thanks for your help. I made the change and the error cleared within 3 minutes and the network stayed up.

SteveLandon
Here to help

If I change it to blank will it know the network down. I have users on it so I may have to make the change after hours.

Sorry, typos today. Knock the network down?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would change out of hours to be safe

Theoretically not, but if you feel safer, do it outside of business hours.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels