Meraki MX68W integration with Cisco Umbrella

SOLVED
Tarmahmood1
Getting noticed

Meraki MX68W integration with Cisco Umbrella

Hi,

I am trying to integrate Cisco umbrella to my network with MX appliance. I have generated the key and secret in Cisco umbrella and added to Network-wide-->general-->Cisco Umbrella account.

Tariqmahmood_0-1679430668038.png

After doing above step, then i have tried to enable umbrella protection but got error. I am not able to identify how to fix this one, any idea? I dont see any IP restriction from MX side that makes it unauthorized to connect to Cisco umbrella.

Tariqmahmood_1-1679430887190.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Tarmahmood1
Getting noticed

@alemabrahao I had a call with Cisco umbrella support and found out with basic license package i cant integrate Meraki appliance with umbrella. License upgrade needs to be done for integration to be working.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the documentation, you're probably forgetting something.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Manually_Integrating_...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Umbrella API is configured on a per netwowrk basis.

Just go to "Network -> General" within your MX protected network, delete the API credential (on the bottom of the page) and you should be good to go setting it up using the correct key..

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Tarmahmood1
Getting noticed

@alemabrahao I had a call with Cisco umbrella support and found out with basic license package i cant integrate Meraki appliance with umbrella. License upgrade needs to be done for integration to be working.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels