Meraki MX and Azure VPN gateway in a route-based mode

SOLVED
Synnapex
Comes here often

Meraki MX and Azure VPN gateway in a route-based mode

Hello,

I know there were several topics about Azure-Meraki VPN tunnels...but here is another one.

I have a client with Azure VPN Gateway in route-based mode, and, as I understood so far, there is no "out-of-the-box" solution to establish a VPN tunnel to Meraki MX.

I'm wondering if Meraki Support will activate IKEv2, will I be able to connect to Azure VPN gateway configured in a  Route-base mode?

Is there any solution to this situation at all?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ChrisC83
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

I believe Meraki with IKEv2 will work with route-based GW on Azure.

You will need to upgrade your MX to firmware 15.x and call support to enable the IKEv2 on the specific tunnel.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ChrisC83
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi,

I believe Meraki with IKEv2 will work with route-based GW on Azure.

You will need to upgrade your MX to firmware 15.x and call support to enable the IKEv2 on the specific tunnel.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

Thank you, ChrisC83,

We will try that and I will update the topic after.

Update: by enabling IKEv2, Azure routed VPN started to work

Hi,

As of may 2020, I was able to create a connected vpn with Azure that worked by configuring this way :

Azure : routed-based vpn IKEv1

Meraki : Azure preset, but deleting the MD5 in phase 2

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels