Meraki - Integration with AD Server - Error 0x8004106c

silvio_sln
Comes here often

Meraki - Integration with AD Server - Error 0x8004106c

I am looking to integrate the MX84 with AD server that is using the Microsoft server version 2008.

The settings have been correctly made in Meraki, but according to Meraki Support, the server returns error code 0x8004106c (Quota violation, while running WMI queries).

Meraki Support suggested applying the fixes documented in "https://support.microsoft.com/help/2404366/wmi-error-0x8004106c-description-quota-violation-while-ru...", however , even if you apply the recommended actions, the same error code is returned.

I'd like some help. Is there any action that is effective to correct this problem?

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Did you reboot after making the change?

Perhaps there is something corrupted in your security log.  I would try clearing the security log in the event viewer.

Hey Philip,

Yes, the server has been restarted and the security logs have been cleared. This did not solve the problem.

Thanks for your help.

GiacomoS
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hey @silvio_sln,

From the looks of the error message, it might also be a resource problem. It may be worth checking the Task Manager Performance tab (or Resource Monitor) to ensure you are not running out of memory, so there would be no spare to allocate for the WMI query. 

Thanks!

Giacomo

Please keep in mind that what I post here is my personal knowledge and opinion. Don't take anything I say for the Holy Grail, but try and see!
Appreciate who helps and be respectful of every opinion and every solution offered.
Share the love, especially the Meraki one!

Hey Giacomo,

There are 02 servers, both with 16GB of memory. The memory usage of the first one does not reach 2GB and the second one has 4GB of free memory. I believe this is not the cause.

Anyway, I'm grateful for your help.

This is memory allocated to WMI calls. Not memory on the system itself. You'll want to adjust this as it's default is like 512 meg for Windows 2008 servers. 

This tech article explains how to do that.

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/askperf/2008/09/16/memory-and-handle-quotas-in-the-wmi-provider-...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels