Meraki HA setup

BS
Getting noticed

Meraki HA setup

Hi all,

Im planning to have 2 Mx devices ( Warm spare)  for my sites with 2 x  ISP's.

I don't have static IP's as they cost more. With dynamic IP configuration Do I need to connect the ethernet hand-off directly to the Mx devices ?

My scenario will be like in the below diagram, each service provider will connect to a 8 port Cisco SG250, with dynamic IP configuration do you see any challenges?

Regards

BS

PerimeterPerimeter

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is each provider giving you a CPE router, and that router is giving out private DHCP addresses?  In that case, yes it will work.

Another option is to plug in ISP1 only into MX1, and ISP2 only into MX2.  ISP2 will never be used (except for Meraki management traffic by MX2) unless the primary MX1 or ISP1 fails.

BS
Getting noticed

Hi Philip,

Thanks for the response, I would like to have both ISP's online so that I can load balance.

My confusion here is if I position the 8 port switches in front of the MX, will the MX WAN ports receive dynamic IP or not?

BS
Getting noticed

I'm asking for a Ethernet hand off, need to check if there is a CPE router
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>My confusion here is if I position the 8 port switches in front of the MX, will the MX WAN ports receive dynamic IP or not?

That depends on your ISP.  You will need to ask them.

Happiman
Building a reputation

You will get the DHCP IP address from the ISPs.TWO ISPs, TWO WAN Switches and HATWO ISPs, TWO WAN Switches and HA

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels