Meraki Client VPN is not Working on Another Meraki Network Site

Marlon
Here to help

Meraki Client VPN is not Working on Another Meraki Network Site

Hi Community,

Did anyone meet this issue below? or anyone can help with this issue. 

I have two Meraki Sites: Site A and Site B. Both Sites I have setup Client VPN with IPSec. The Client VPN is working well when you are at Home or at any other places except on another Meraki Site. 

For example, Clients on Site B try to connect Client VPN of Site A, the connection wont' be built up successful. Same issue clients on Site A try to connect Client VPN of Site B, the connect won't be built up, normally it comes with this error below. This issue only happens on a site that is on Meraki Network, both clients VPN is working at home. 

On Site A I enabled Site-to-Site VPNs, but on Site B Site-to-Site VPN is not enable, not sure if the Site-to-Site VPN could cause any issues. 

Any ideas? Thanks. 

Marlon_1-1715517674863.png

Regards,

Marlon

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Check the troubleshooting guide.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Client_VPN/Guided_Client_VPN_Troubleshooting/Unable_to_Connect_t...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When you are already on the inside of the network the MX will not let you connect via the inside.
If you are already local then you should be able to reach resources on the other site if you built an autoVPN between them.

So you don't even need to build a VPN to the other side since the routes are already local.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If the problem is not the one identified by @GIdenJoe , then try using my client VPN wizard.  It adds some registry entries that help improve compatibility through NATing devices, and also uses the newer VPNv2-CSP engine in Windows for the connection.

https://www.ifm.net.nz/cookbooks/meraki-client-vpn.html

Hi @GIdenJoe , this is not the case that you are on the inside of the network, Site A and Site B are not built with Site-to-Site VPN or AutoVPN, Client is having issues on Site B trying to connect VPN to Site A. Any other thoughts thanks. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels