Max Throughput in MX68w

SOLVED
Roey1984
Building a reputation

Max Throughput in MX68w

Hello

I`m about to purchase the MX68W for our office (up to 40 users).

We have a symmetrical internet line of 1Gbps.

I can see that the Max Throughput of the MX68 is 600Mbps.

Does it mean that I cant utilize the entire bandwidth?

I didn`t quite understand what does it mean

Can someone please assist?

Thank you!

Roey1984_0-1680587925856.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes - if the MX only supports up to 600 Mbps in throughout, then you won't be able to fully utilise your 1Gbps uplink. The MX then be the bottleneck.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Its the rated (firewall)throughput without any security like ips/amp. (Read as: vlan1 to vlan2, or vlan 1 to internet)

Its 1 way( so 600 up or 600 down or for example 300 up&300down). So symmetrical  1Gbit could use 2 Gbit at the same time.

600Mbit is like 30% of that

Roey1984
Building a reputation

I`m sorry, I`m having trouble understanding.😑

If I take the MX68, Which supports up to 600Mbps, it means that the Internet line will not be fully utilized?

Since my line is 1Gb\1Gb, the bottleneck would be the MX.?

Sorry for not being able to understand ..

Yes - if the MX only supports up to 600 Mbps in throughout, then you won't be able to fully utilise your 1Gbps uplink. The MX then be the bottleneck.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There is something else that could influence your decision. With 40 users, the internal wireless of the MX (any model) will likely not be powerful enough for you. I would buy a model without internal WLAN and just add two MR access-points to the network. Mixing internal WLAN and additional APs doesn't work that great.

Roey1984
Building a reputation

You are correct!

I will disable the Built-in WiFi of the MX, and use the MR AP that we have deployed there, no worries.

Thank you for the heads up!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels