Manage both 192.168 and private 10. in dashboard

Solved
RTP-Ken
Conversationalist

Manage both 192.168 and private 10. in dashboard

I have reviewed similar threads but still need some help.

I use a single vlan with a private 10.x.x.x scheme. I have the MX handing out DHCP with all its clients accessible on the local LAN. My Mx is 10.x.x.1 I use this in several locations where I modify the second and third .x  for specific locations.   

We also have security cameras through out some offices using a 192.168.1.x scheme. They all connect through their own switches that hand out their own DHCP addresses.   I have a patch cable connecting these switches into our Meraki Switch.

I am trying to do 2 things.   

The first is allow multiple clients on 10. to access the cameras and controllers on the 192.168 net directly via a browser.

The second item as a nice to have would be view the 192.168 in the Meraki dashboard.   

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to configure a 192.168.x.x VLAN on the MX.  You'll probably want to assign a single port as an access port in this VLAN.  You can then connect this port to an existing security camera switch.  Note that you will probably want to disable DHCP on the MX for this VLAN.

The cameras will need to have a default gateway configured which is the same as the IP address assigned to the VLAN on your MX.

This guide says how to create VLANs and talks about access ports.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Applia...

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

I could think of two ideas.

1. Let us have all the VLANs on MX.

OR

2. If you place L3 Below MX. Do enable Track by IP address under Addressing and VLAN.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You would need to configure a 192.168.x.x VLAN on the MX.  You'll probably want to assign a single port as an access port in this VLAN.  You can then connect this port to an existing security camera switch.  Note that you will probably want to disable DHCP on the MX for this VLAN.

The cameras will need to have a default gateway configured which is the same as the IP address assigned to the VLAN on your MX.

This guide says how to create VLANs and talks about access ports.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Applia...

Thank you for providing the solution that cleared up my confusion

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels