Making YouTube Streaming a priority

SOLVED
CBCAV
Here to help

Making YouTube Streaming a priority

Hello!

I have a Cisco MX100 that is connected to an AT&T Router that supply’s 150MBs up/down between four buildings via fiber. Three of those four buildings stream to YouTube at the same time for approximately an hour. This occurs a couple times a week. Right now our Tech team has the video streaming set to 720p to limit slow uploads. All four buildings are using a VLAN that only the tech computers connect to. But they are still experiencing issues with the streaming to YouTube when all three buildings are doing it at the same time.

I’m proposing that we move up to a 250Mbs up/down plan, limit the WiFi (Ruckus APs) to 25MBs up/down and create two additional VLANS that way each building is on their own Tech VLAN. That said how can I implement a QoS so that each Mac computer ( 1 in each of the three buildings) have priority in uploading?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Create a group policy. 

Make traffic shaping rules to match client ip or select youtube.

Set the rule to priority high. 

And assign them to the clients

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Create a group policy. 

Make traffic shaping rules to match client ip or select youtube.

Set the rule to priority high. 

And assign them to the clients

CBCAV
Here to help

Thank you for the reply! 

Does the attached image look correct?942E3DAC-D47D-4211-8285-91DBE7E8A6C9.jpeg

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Im not familiar with youtube streaming but i asume its just youtube... then yes.

Also note that in case you had global layer3 firewall rules you also need to set them here. Because the global rules are ignored for clients attached to this policy

CBCAV
Here to help

Thank you!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels