Make MX67 NOT split traffic over 2 WAN connections

jstam
New here

Make MX67 NOT split traffic over 2 WAN connections

We have 1 MX67 that has 2 WAN connections configured, each on a different ISP, which is splitting the traffic over both WANs without having traffic shaping or load balancing enabled. The goal is to have all network traffic go over WAN1 except for VoIP traffic, which we have configured to go over WAN2 via flow preference for the VLAN with the VoIP devices. Packet capture after the configuration was complete showed traffic from the VoIP VLAN on both WANs and phone calls have no audio until the WAN2 is removed from the equation. Has anyone experienced anything like this before? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Are you perhaps able to share the configuration as shown in Uplink Selection and SD-WAN policies, found under Security & SD-WAN -> SD-WAN & Traffic Shaping?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Here is the configuration for Uplink Selection and SD-WAN policies. The flow preference rule is not enabled currently, as it was causing the phone calls to not work, so we left it on the WAN 1 for now. image.pngimage.png

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Looks fine. Maybe  you can do a reboot of the device after configuration to force the config and reset all current sessions. (Before of after working hours)

Unfortunately I did a reboot and that did not help. Also rebooted both modems for the two ISPs connected to each WAN and that did not help either.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have two 450Mb lines, Meraki's WAN routing relies on the correct bandwidth being set and the use WAN2 is a preference, not a rule.  Please set those and see if it makes a difference

So change the Uplink configuration for each WAN to around the speed for each ISP?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, you can set upload and download there and I always set it to be as accurate as possible.

ok thanks, I will try that and report back my results after.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems probable that either the primary WAN circuit or the Internet flow preferences are wrong.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels