MX84 doesn't reconnect to internet

Ludo
Here to help

MX84 doesn't reconnect to internet

Hello,

After a long disconnection, the MX doesn't reconnect itself to internet, i need to connect a pc directly to the ADSL modem, and reconnect the ethernet cable of the modem to the MX.

Any workaround ? In the dashboard.meraki.com i tried to resave the configuration with no luck. I didn't found a restart button also.

Thanks for your lights !

Ludovic

8 REPLIES 8
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you running recent firmware?

Yes, the MX is uptodate

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What reason does the MX give on its local status page when it is disconnected like this?

I didn't note that, but it is something like "try to connect"
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Do you have a remote connection to the DSL modem to reboot it?  We also use a USB aircard to our MXs so we can continue to manage them when the primary internet is down. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Are there any outgoing firewall rules on the DSL modem that could be stopping management traffic from the MX unit?

No, there is no outgoing rules.

Ludo
Here to help

No, it's a "simple" old ADSL modem, i've tried to reboot the modem also. But it's only when I check the connection with a laptop that then the MX connects. Maybe the problem is actually the modem... normally in few week (i hope) we should be switching to SDSL.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels