MX84 Wan port Half Duplex

jwinters99
Comes here often

MX84 Wan port Half Duplex

I have a MX84 that the WAN port is coming up as 100/half.  I dont have access to the WAN config from the providers equipment. I'm looking for somewhere to change or modify the port settings for the WAN ports but cant find anything.  Can someone share some light on where to fix this?  Is this possible?

8 REPLIES 8
Nash
Kind of a big deal

Have you spoken with the provider to see what's going on on their end? The times I've seen stuff like that, the provider's equip had the problem.

Also, have you changed the cable between the MX and your provider's equip?

cwf
Getting noticed

Nash,

If you are not on the local LAN you may need to go to the Network-wide>>General>>Device configuration to enable local status page access and set a password. Also may need to check Security>>>Firewall>>> Security appliance services and verify allowed remote IPs. Then access the MX from its public IP.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the mx  local  device status page . On "ethernet"  .  But you need to know the other  side duplex  setting.

jwinters99
Comes here often

I see no "ethernet" option on the Appliance status page of the MX84.  Where is this located?  Under the Uplink tab there is no where I find to set the speed or duplex of the port.  Only to set the IP info.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

Roger_Beurskens
Building a reputation

When it's coming up at 100 half, the other side is set at fixed 100 full.

you have 2 options, setting the mx84 wan to 100 fixed or ask your isp to set their port to auto.

Sounds weird but this is by design of the 100mbit standard.

Again, where do I go to set the speed and duplex?  I see no options for this.

You will have to go to the local MX status page:

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...

You‘ll find an „Ethernet“ tab there, just as shown within the link above.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels