MX84 Setup

BiffDKidd
New here

MX84 Setup

I have an MX 84 that simply doesn't seem to want to accept internet through port 1.  I was trying to swap a SonicWall TZ300 for the MX84, but can't get past step one.  Any suggestions?  

Also, if anyone knows an easy way to migrate settings from a SonicWall to the Meraki, that would be greatly appreciated.  

Thanks in Advance

3 Replies 3
Bruce
Kind of a big deal

How do you mean ‘doesn’t want to accept internet through port 1’? Is it not getting an IP address? Is the link not coming up? Does the ISP require you to configure PPPOE?

It does get a public IP, but no internet goes through.  I did not contact the ISP to ask about PPPOE (go ahead and laugh, I deserve it), but that might be the resolution now that I think about it.  

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

If you do require PPPoE then you’ll need to connect to the local status page (https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...) to configure it. You should be able to tell if you need PPPoE from the Sonicwall configuration.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels