MX68 to non-meraki peer site-to-site vpn tunnel voip issues.

MikeDup
Here to help

MX68 to non-meraki peer site-to-site vpn tunnel voip issues.

the tunnel is up and functioning as it should with the exception of voip traffic.  I can place a call soft-phone to soft-phone with no issues, but when I call soft-phone to desktop phone, I can hear the person, but the person cannot hear me.  I am placing the call from behind the Meraki 68 and calling a desktop phone behind the non-meraki peer.  I have both data and voice vlans allowed through the tunnel.  Thanks

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MikeDup  a few more details would be useful:

Do you have the same VLANs for hard and soft phones at both ends of the tunnel?

Can hard phones and each site call the other?

Can soft phones at each site call the other?

Do you have a L3 interface in each VLAN at each site?

Thanks for the response cmr, I just figured it out.  the answer is yes to your questions and the fix was adding a static route for the voice vlans on the non-meraki vpn peer side.  Calls are working as they should now.  

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I would say the VPN is not properly built for both subnets.  You don't have much control on the MX end (ok, you have none).

See if the remote end can be built different, such as including both subnets in an SA, or using a separate subnet per SA.

Thanks for the reply PhilipDAth.  I agree, you don't have much control on the MX side.   The fix was that I had to add static routes for the voice vlans on the non-meraki vpn peer side. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels