MX68 NEWLY MIGRATED AND SLOW NETWORK

emmaozoms
Getting noticed

MX68 NEWLY MIGRATED AND SLOW NETWORK

Hello Guys,

I just migrated MX68 to my office network and have only set up the below configuration and noticed the network is slow. Please guys kindly assist where I need to make changes to allow the network flow to be good.

emmaozoms_2-1719009514651.png

emmaozoms_3-1719009751094.png

Regards,

Emmanuel

5 Replies 5
Alejandro_F
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Hi Emmanuel,

Which firmware is the MX68 running? try to upgrade to the latest stable version 18.211.2.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.

@Alejandro_F , Thank you for the feedback. There is firmware upgrade schedule sent that is yet to be active.

The current version is : MX 18.107.2. Are you saying this is the cause for the slow in network?

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In what context is the network slow? Accessing resources internally or externally? How many users do you have in the network?  What is downstream of the mx?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

@DarrenOC Thank you for your response. It is accessing resource external. There are 32 users in the network. The downstream is a MS-120

@emmaozoms, updating the mx firmware is a good practice, with new releases there are performance improvements.
What ISP throughput is at this location?  

With a test client check multiple throughput test ex. speedest.net, fast.com, etc.
With the same test client go to the page mx.meraki.com, there is a speed test button, that will get you the throughput between the client and the MX before going to the ISP.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels