MX68 - LAN Port - Telstra Nightawk

SOLVED
SCC
Building a reputation

MX68 - LAN Port - Telstra Nightawk

Hi Team,

I have a Scenario for MX68. I would like to use the Internet1 for one NBN link and Intenet 2 for second NBN link and I want to use Telstra Nightawk on the LAN Port just for the VOIP Traffic.

As Telstra Nightawk has the RJ-45 Port, if i plug this to MX68 LAN port can i route my VOIP traffic to just go via the Telstra Nightawk LAN port.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You could use an uplink Flow preference to push your VoIP traffic to Internet/WAN 2 as an SD-WAN rule.   Look under Security & SD-WAN > Configure > SD-WAN & traffic shaping   Under Flow preferences, Internet traffic (assuming this traffic isn't to be VPN tunnelled?)

You would need to be able to define the necessary traffic using these variables:

Protocol; Source IP; Src port; Destination IP; Dst port.   (you can sub Any for specifics, within these)

This traffic would fail over to WAN 1, if WAN2 failed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
benny
Getting noticed

Hi SCC,

There is probably a few ways to do this.

As the Nighthawk is essentially a router you could setup a separate VLAN just for your phone(s) to communicate to it as their default gateway rather than the MX68.

SCC
Building a reputation

As as far as MX is smart enough that it can identify my VOIP Network which is (10.227.8.0/24) and can route it via the Telstra Nightawk Interface. It should be fine.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You would need to define all the possible IP destinations, used by your phones, as static routes, pointing at your Nighthawk interface. MX does not currently support source based routing, which is what I think you're looking for. If you don't want to add the routes - or don't know all possible destinations - then Benny's is a good alternative
SCC
Building a reputation

what if i connect this Telstra 4G on the Internet2 (WAN) port. Can i use this Telstra as a failover or just for a dedicated VOIP traffic.

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

You could use an uplink Flow preference to push your VoIP traffic to Internet/WAN 2 as an SD-WAN rule.   Look under Security & SD-WAN > Configure > SD-WAN & traffic shaping   Under Flow preferences, Internet traffic (assuming this traffic isn't to be VPN tunnelled?)

You would need to be able to define the necessary traffic using these variables:

Protocol; Source IP; Src port; Destination IP; Dst port.   (you can sub Any for specifics, within these)

This traffic would fail over to WAN 1, if WAN2 failed.

Adoos
Building a reputation

We tried the Telstra nighthawk but had issues where it would fall asleep and disconnect WAN2. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels