cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MX67C and MX68WC - Failover as primary

New here

MX67C and MX68WC - Failover as primary

Hi Guyz,

Since both these models support LTE connection as failover. I would like to know if LTE connection can be used as primary if the customer doesnt have any other option i.e. only LTE connection available in their area?

4 REPLIES
Here to help

Re: MX67C and MX68WC - Failover as primary

Hi Asfand,

I think the Cellurar is only for failover. If you don't have any kind of WAN connected I'm not sure if it's works or not. I couldn't test it yet. Maybe @PhilipDAth has more knowledge if this could work or not.

One thing how you can overcome this issue would be to buy a 2nd router and connect it before the Meraki. In this way you will have a portable antenna what you can place to the window for better coverage.

Hopefully this helped.

Cheers,

Greg

A model citizen

The internal modem CAN be used by itself. The moment you plug in something into WAN1 or WAN2 though, they will become primary.

I tested it with MX67C and only using the Internal modem (warm-spare too) and it works, and fails over (slowly).

Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
Meraki Employee

@NolanHerring is correct. This document has a section explaining how to use 3G/4G as the primary uplink for a device:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Cellular/3G_-_4G_Cellular_Failover

As mentioned it is highly recommended to use a WAN connection for the initial setup/configuration of the device before using Cellular as the main link. 

A model citizen

You won't be able to bring the device online for the first time via the internal 4G connection. You MUST use a regular LAN connection for it to get online the very first time so that you an initialize the internal modem.

FYI =)
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn