MX65 v MX68

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

MX65 v MX68

Im doing an upgrade here this week. My line is 250/250 and Im getting the advanced security license which wouldn't be supported at full bandwidth with the 65. I know this is a silly question but I like to know from people who have used both - will it be noticeably different in any other way? Does anybody know the actual differences in clock speed and hardware under the hood? 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
Fortune 100 Tech veteran/refugee.
7 Replies 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The increased clock speed is usually to cover the increased throughput speeds. You might notice a very small difference but nothing to write home about. 

Sweet thanks. This network already cruises. 

Networking geek since high school where I got half of a CCNA. Played Marathon II and Infinity over localtalk.
Made many a network over the years, now de facto admin of a retreat center with some of this fine Meraki hardware.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@RumorConsumer the MX68 supports AnyConnect and NBAR, the MX65 may never...

RumorConsumer
Head in the Cloud

Anyconnect Ill probably never use but NBAR sounds interesting. Is it just on by default as a method for inspecting traffic?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Not quite on by default, but almost. There's a whole bunch of conditions for combined and mixed networks, https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Network-Based_Applica... but no mention of any restriction on MX64/65. As along as it runs MX16+ it seems it should work (yet to test it). Although there could be something in release notes that I've missed.

I can confirm NBAR working on a MX64 with MX16 firmware.

AnyConnect should be comming to both MX64 and MX65

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/AnyConnect_on_the_MX_Appliance

I did the swap

Easy peasy

But nothing can prepare you for the moment of telling dashboard yes disassociate my security device while 50 people wait for the internet to come back on... or not

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels