MX64W Running Firmware 17.9 does not show wifi clients on dasboard

Mike6116
Getting noticed

MX64W Running Firmware 17.9 does not show wifi clients on dasboard

Hi all

Have some MX64  upgraded to 17.9 Firmware, since then   i cannot see any wifi connected client on the device dasboard.

have tried reboot the MX to see if it gets better, but it still  have the issue,  no other problems on the wireless devices connected to the lan,  it is just i cant see the devices on the dashboard..

Mike6116_0-1662476535073.png

Mike6116_1-1662476675755.png

8 REPLIES 8
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Have you configured an SSID under Security & SD-WAN -> Configure -> Wireless Settings?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Yes, SSID is configured  and  wireless clients  connect with no problem,  the only issue is that  i cannot see them on the device dashboad under  "current clients" it always show  0 clients connected,but then if i go to the clients tab  i can see them from there (2nd picture)

If you have an SSID configured for the MX, and verified that clients are connecting to that SSID, I'd try viewing the Dashboard in another browser, or in Private Browsing/Incognito.

It's a possiblity that it's the webpage caching, playing tricks. And it wouldn't be the first time.

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

It is not the browser,  as i have other MX on the network  and i can see the connected clients on them,  the only difference is that other MX have firmware 16.16    and the MX that have firmware 17.9 are the ones that show this behavior 

Then open a case with Meraki. I fairly certain it's a Dashboard issue, but also something with the firmware version. It's working fine on my MX68W.

I have a similar case open, but regarding packet captures not working on some networks with MX17.x, but working fine on MX16.x

Also try all the usual stuff, clearing cache etc.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Same here.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Mike6116
Getting noticed

I have opened a support case, and the Meraki representative now confirms this is a bug  on firmware 17.9 and they are working on a fix right now

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It was solved on new Firmware MX 17.10 🙂

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels