MX64 Firewall not allowing saving a configuration with a rule to pass camera traffic

Lubandw1
Here to help

MX64 Firewall not allowing saving a configuration with a rule to pass camera traffic

I'm trying to configure a rule to pass traffic from port 80 from a camera at 192.168.1.38 out to be accessible from the Internet however there already is a rule allowing port 80 traffic from 192.168.1.8 to be available via port 8000.

When I try to save the configuration it says the setting can not be saved and I should try later however the firewall doesn't like a forwarding rule requesting port 80 to be accessible via port 81 or port 8080.  Any idea why this isn't working on a firewall ?   Since I'm accessing the configuration it's reachable.  

7 REPLIES 7
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you take screenshots of what you are trying to do exactly please, that will help us determine whats going on.

Rules already in place and trying to add the last one.Rules already in place and trying to add the last one.

Hi Lubandw1, Since MX uses port 80 for its local page, try changing the DVR port.
Terry VASQUEZ Jr.

Getting this response when trying to add the Davis-Cam rule:

MX64 Error.PNG

Keeping a response saying "Settings Could not be saved. Please verify your connection and try again later. "

Appears it won't let me save port 81 or 8080 but changed it to port 135 and appears to have accepted the rule.  Now to see if it works.  

Ben
A model citizen

You can't let the MX listen to 1 port for multiple apps...  Because you have an 8080 rule you can't add a second 8080 rule. 

So make sure you don't add "double" ports in your firewall configuration. 

Cheers,

Ben

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels