MX64 DHCP Issue

bayet
Getting noticed

MX64 DHCP Issue

I'm busy configuring the MX64 for the use of AutoVPN, connected to an MX100 (HA) in the Datacenter. The MX64 is responsible to assign IP addresses, but no IP addresses were assign to a laptop connect directly on port 1 LAN interface of the MX. Please find screen shots of the DHCP and VLAN configuration attached.

Do I missed something on the configuration.

ThanksMX_DHCP.PNGMX_VLAN.PNG

7 REPLIES 7
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Try setting VLAN 512 in the allowed VLANs on LAN 1.  Rest looks good imo.

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Actually I see that is an access port so can't specify allowed VLANs
Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I can't see anything wrong.

I guess lets check the obvious.  Does the MX appliance status say the configuration is up to date?

Try making the config simpler.  Try removing the two DHCP exlusions.  If that works try adding back one in at a time.  I kinda recall in the back of my mind some bug around DHCP that was resolved in the beta firmware.

Meraki MX64 release IP address, but not accepted by the laptop. Tested with two laptops.

--- Start Of Stream ---
tcpdump: listening on all_lan_sniff, link-type EN10MB (Ethernet), capture size 262144 bytes
08:29:30.305701 IP (tos 0x0, ttl 64, id 55570, offset 0, flags [DF], proto UDP (17), length 328)
10.11.139.1.67 > 10.11.139.3.68: BOOTP/DHCP, Reply, length 300, xid 0x177e2ea8, Flags [none]
Your-IP 10.11.139.3
Client-Ethernet-Address 00:f7:6f:6f:4e:de
Vendor-rfc1048 Extensions
Magic Cookie 0x63825363
DHCP-Message Option 53, length 1: Offer
Server-ID Option 54, length 4: 10.11.139.1
Lease-Time Option 51, length 4: 86400
Subnet-Mask Option 1, length 4: 255.255.255.0
Default-Gateway Option 3, length 11: 49.48.46.49,49.46.49.51
trailing data length 3
Domain-Name-Server Option 6, length 4: 10.1.0.1
--- End Of Stream -

bayet
Getting noticed

Take out DHCP option 3 as default-gateway and now DHCP is working as expeted.

VLAN512.PNGdhcp-mx64.PNG

Thanks for your support. I will go on and test with DHCP option, because I need those for Voice etc.

bayet
Getting noticed

Solution found.

I made a mistake on the DHCP option 3: " using text instead op IP on the code type". Now it's working fine after changing the type to IP.

Thanks you all

sambillings
Comes here often

AutoVPN technology is a unique solution that allows site-to-site VPN tunnel creation with a single mouse click. Configuring it is not a very easy task. If you are using MSI Gaming Laptop and getting a problem in installing its drivers then you may visit here at this link MSI Customer Support to know how to properly install the drivers.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels