MX64/65 REAL WAN Throughput Maximum

SOLVED
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

MX64/65 REAL WAN Throughput Maximum

Circuits in our area on legacy Charter (Spectrum) are being increased to 300/20. Has anyone used an MX64 or 65 with that level or higher of a WAN circuit? I know it is "technically" rated for 250, and the slider bar under traffic shaping no longer supports unlimited and seems to be capped at 250. Has anyone though ever actually tested it to see just how much you can push through? Obviously, it is a caveat and not supported, but I'm just curious. Numbers like that tend to have a bit of leeway, usually in the 10-15% range. But if there is a HARD limit at 250, that is no good.

BHC Resorts IT Department
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Agreed on the hard limit.  We found it out as well when we weren't getting full speeds on our Spectrum connection.  Computer plugged in direct was fine.  Then recalled the limit of the MX64 in our case.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is a hard limit of 250Mb/s.  You can not go above that.  Yes, I have tested it.

Adam
Kind of a big deal

Agreed on the hard limit.  We found it out as well when we weren't getting full speeds on our Spectrum connection.  Computer plugged in direct was fine.  Then recalled the limit of the MX64 in our case.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

Bummer. I had read some reports on Reddit of people being able to go slightly over it, 275ish, but a hard limit is no go. It's still 150 more than I have now, but...ohwell. Thanks for the replies.

BHC Resorts IT Department
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels