SOLVED
AbrahamMunoz
Here to help

Slot 1: powering 
 Slot 2: connected

What are the recommended troubleshooting steps for this? Couldn't get much out of Meraki Docs, which I usually refer to.
Cool dudes use Cisco Meraki (⌐■_■)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Zedilt
Here to help

The connected status means that the power supply is connected in the chassis, but not powered.

Probably forgot to connect a power cable to the second PSU, or its not fully attached, or not plugged in at the other end, or you got a faulty cable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Adam
Kind of a big deal

I just checked one of mine to see if that is normal.  Mine both show as powering on a MS350-48.  Depending if this is in production you could try turning the switch off and reseating both power supplies or swapping them into each others slots to see what happens.  Then power back on.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I checked on an MS425 and they were both in the state "powering" - same as @Adam.

So perhaps "connected" is not normal.  I think I would be tempted to open a case with support.  I think I would also be tempted to remove and re-apply power to the power supply that reports as being "connected".

Zedilt
Here to help

The connected status means that the power supply is connected in the chassis, but not powered.

Probably forgot to connect a power cable to the second PSU, or its not fully attached, or not plugged in at the other end, or you got a faulty cable.

At the end power source was the issue, so it was connected but not powered on. 

Cool dudes use Cisco Meraki (⌐■_■)
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels