MX17.10 bug with built in wireless?

SOLVED
IT_Magician
Building a reputation

MX17.10 bug with built in wireless?

After the MX17.10 upgrade to a mx64w everything works great except built-in wireless clients have horrible lag between loading sites. I say lag because if I go to www.cisco.com it spins and spins and spins and while trying to load I can open command prompt, NSLOOKUP immediately pulls correct IP, and I can ping no problem. This happens to ALL wireless users which is VLAN 1, but our hard wired VLAN 1 devices on same subnet do not have the issue.

We replaced the Meraki with a MX67w running MX17.10 and have same issue.

I then try a new browser (Edge) and go to www.meraki.com and it just spins and spins (eventually loads, 30+ seconds) but while that is loading I have zero packet loss to www.meraki.com via the command prompt, and all hard wired devices can access that without any issues.

On the phone with Meraki support now, but anyone else with built in wireless having issues?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a bug, downgrade It to version 16.16.6.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It's a bug, downgrade It to version 16.16.6.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Thank you, you were 100% right. Immediately fixed the issue. We had 2 other known cases and also downgraded them and it fixed, so we ended up downgrading all with built in WIFI back to 16.6. 

Meraki should do a better job making support aware. We spent hours doing packet captures to no resolution. 

TRBO_KCMO
Here to help

Seems that I don't have an option to downgrade from 17.10 back to 16.6.6

Lurick
Getting noticed

Any word on which release this might be fixed in? Having the same issues.

I guess they went ahead and released 17.10.2 anyway and I'm having the same issue at two of my client sites. Sigh. MX64W: LAN is fine, wifi is trash.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels