MX100 update to MX 13.33

FAustin120
New here

MX100 update to MX 13.33

Good Morning.

Since this update was pushed out on Apr, 7th. Has any had any issues with their Security device since this rollout?

I elected to hold off on updating our firmware till I received data from others that had.

9 REPLIES 9
Adam
Kind of a big deal

13.33 is the Stable Release Candidate so it isn't full release yet.  But I haven't tested so perhaps some others can chime in.  I know some folks going to later firmwares were having appliance reboot issues. 

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Thank you Adam for your response.  I've have recently taken over the role here and found that our MX 100 has not been firmware updated for sometime.  

The 13.33 was the only version showing that I needed to apply.  But from what I read here, yo do not see any possible issues with us updating to this?

Adam
Kind of a big deal

What firmware version is your MX currently at?  13.28 is the current stable version.

Adam,

I show our Security Appliance is at MX 12.22
Adam
Kind of a big deal

And when you go to upgrade it, it doesn't give you 13.28 as an option?  Just 13.33?

Only the 13.33. No others were offered when I set up the schedule.
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Strange, but I wouldn't worry to much about it.  The stable release candidate 13.33 is basically a stable release so you should be fine.  If you click the firmware number in the dashboard it'll show the release notes. This article spells out some of it. 

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Firmware_Upgrades/Meraki_Firmware_Release_P...

Thank you Adam. That was also one of the documents I had looked at. You have been very helpful sir. I will then allow this update to roll out as scheduled.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've used 13.33 on a bunch of devices without issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels