MX100 Cannot online

Solved
WilliamQin
Getting noticed

MX100 Cannot online

Question : 

today , I configure my firewail MX100 and Core switch MS350, MS350 local manage 
configure manage IP, after ms350 can already cloud control manage , i use same way 
configure my firewall WAN IP, the WAN port is static ip ,so i need local configure it
after configure finish, the web page tell connect to meraki cloud, the status led is write, 
i access cloud manage , it still offline, i don't know, what do you think ? 

2. i find my firewall after booting, Firewall port status lights both are on. so i want know, 
why ? i‘m not plug in any line, 

3. my local manage configure page is 2013@ version , do you know the version ?

can you tell me why? i get the 2013@version local manage configure page ? 

Please see attached ,

case1.jpgcase2.jpg

3. my local manage configure page is 2013@ version , do you know the version ?

can you tell me why? i get the 2013@version local manage configure page ? 

Please see attached ,

1 Accepted Solution

Thanks for you  reply me ,    about the issues, i already slove, 

i need update the mx100 firmware,  need long time update the mx100,

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

When statically configuring the IP address make sure you use valid DNS servers (such as Google's 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

Make sure the serial number on the MX100 matches the serial number of the device in the Dashboard that you are looking at.

You might also want to check that there is no firewall upstream which could be blocking connectivity to the cloud (help>firewall info) within dashboard shows the range of IP's/Ports that are required to be opened up on the firewall to allow for cloud communication.

Eliot F | Simplifying IT with Cloud Solutions
Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below)

thanks for you reply me , about the question , i already slove, the issues  because my mx100 firmware is not last new, so i need update my mx100, but updated the mx100 need cost more time , so we need Wait patiently, still the mx100 White light is on,

How long did you have to wait for the MX to get and install the firmware updates? I believe I'm having the same issue, I've waited 24 hours.

Perhaps about two hours, but i think this update speed and related to your local network,  if you local internet speed is quickly , may cost 

more less time,  Can you tell me you local manage version ? also old version ?

Update: I contacted support and after 2 1/2 hours they determined the device was faulty. Meraki shipped a new device overnight with an RMA label. I made a test network and added the new device to that network. With the new device, I connected it as DHCP to a Verizon router. It was able to reach the Meraki cloud and update firmware and it's config. I then installed the device in the rack. Through the local status page I configured the uplink static ip address. It connected to the Meraki cloud just fine. This device is the spare in a HA pair, so I then removed it from the test network and added it to the correct network. At this time the new device wouldn't connect to the Meraki cloud so I power cycled the device. BOOM, both were connected to the cloud but both were the Master because I did not connect them to the LAN yet. After connecting to the LAN my primary was the Master and the second device was the spare. Hope this helps someone. 

Thanks for you  reply me ,    about the issues, i already slove, 

i need update the mx100 firmware,  need long time update the mx100,

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels