MX without Wan

SOLVED
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

MX without Wan

I am putting in a MX84 to replace a MPLS circuit with a site to site VPN.  The new internet won't be installed until Friday.  I configuted the MX84 and tested the site to site VPN prior to installing it at the client site.

At the client site,  there is a MS250 connected to a Cisco router.  Today I installed the MX84 between the router and the MS250. So now the Cisco router is connected to port 4 of the MX84, and the uplink port of the switch is connected to port 3 of the MX84.

With that configuration, traffic for phones and data worked for 90 minutes.  Then data stopped. 30 minutes later the phones stopped working.

Rebooting of the MX84 and MS250 did not solve the issue.  The only thing I can think of is that the MX84 does not like running with it's WAN port disconnected.

I will need to leave the phones running over the MPLS circuit for awhile after the site to site is up.  So I will need this configuration working.

Has anyone experienced anything like this before?

Dave Anderson
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It has to have connectivity to the Meraki cloud.

Get yourself a USB cellular data stick with a pre-paid data stick and use that to maintain connectivity until the final circuits are in place.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It has to have connectivity to the Meraki cloud.

Get yourself a USB cellular data stick with a pre-paid data stick and use that to maintain connectivity until the final circuits are in place.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels