MX blocking several services on Synology NAS

Poncherelly
New here

MX blocking several services on Synology NAS

I am unable to sync time with time.google.com, and I['m also not able to connect to Synology to update firmware as well as a few other features.

I did block several IPs that the Meraki say as intrusions but none match known IPs anyway.

Is there a way to have Meraki tell me what's being blocked from a specific IP on my network so that I can try and narrow down what I probably did that's now blocking things?

I have tried looking in to the event logs, content filtering and access controls ... but I just can't figure out what I did and I really don't want to start unblocking all the blocked IPs 1 by one to see if that's where I went wrong.

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not easily.  You have to use a syslog server - but that is not a quick setup (assuming you are not using Linux).

I would employ the binary chop process.  Remove half of the blocked IPs.  Does it resolve it?  Yes, then put back half of the delete block and repeat.  No, then put back the chunk you removed and repeat the process of the second block.

I was afraid of that 😞

Thanks for the response.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Syslog for windows https://tftpd32.jounin.net/

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

+1 for tftpd32 if you just want to run up a quick and dirty syslog server on your workstation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels