MX WAN Failover

SOLVED
leadtheway
Building a reputation

MX WAN Failover

Have several MX appliances, mix of 84 and 100's.  Setting up backup internet connections on the 84 seemed straightforward, just edit WAN 2.  I'm not seeing similar option on 100?  is there a trick to it, i don't see where i can toggle one of the interfaces for WAN. Also, is there anything special about any settings for the failover or is it just plug and play

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I believe you need to access the local status page of the MX100, and change I believe LAN 2 to WAN 2 and save that.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

I believe you need to access the local status page of the MX100, and change I believe LAN 2 to WAN 2 and save that.
TwitterLinkedIn
leadtheway
Building a reputation

so I need physical access?  and does it have to  be port 2 or can it be any?

If it is already on the cloud (online) you do not need physical access.

You can access the local status page remotely

https://documentation.meraki.com/zGeneral_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_M...
TwitterLinkedIn

And I believe it can only be LAN 2 converted to WAN 2
TwitterLinkedIn

The MX100 has a dedicated management interface to access the local web page, but I think you can also access the local webpage when you have L3 access to the LAN IP of the MX. For that you'll have to set "
Remote device status pages" to "Enabled" in Network-Wide > General.

The docs specify the following:

You can toggle the LAN2 port between LAN and Internet, through Uplink configuration under the Local status tab.

Source:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Installation_Guides/MX100_Installation_Guide

So only LAN Port 2.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I know this is closed but with the 15.x firmware this now can be done through the web GUI.  Tested in 15.14 and 15.15

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels