MX VS MX-Z

SOLVED
Mr-cook
Here to help

MX VS MX-Z

Hi,

I have a newbi question. What's the differnce between MX and MX-Z.

I can't understand it because in VPN docs we speak about MX-Z but I can't find the difference.

regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

It's just a quick way to refer to the MX and Z products together. Most of the settings apply to both products as they're really all running the same software. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Are you referring to the Z1 etc models?  If so the VPN structure is the same as the MX series.  You can utilize autovpn between Meraki MX and Z devices or you can utilize third-party VPN to other infrastructure

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

Hi Adam,

In this documentaion for example : 

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-site_VPN_Settings

They use always the term MX-Z.

I'm planning to configure autoVPN network between several MX appliances. Is it appliable to my MXs ?

regards,

AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi

My understanding is Meraki have 2 Gateway products

1. MX.xx

2. Z.x

MX.xx are security appliances meant for Small, Medium and Large Enterprise supporting two WAN Links.

Z.x are for Teleworker (Work from Home) kind of environment supporting one WAN Link.

Both of the products fully support Auto VPN.

One can have combination of them or can have only MX.xx or Z1.x in a network.

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

It's just a quick way to refer to the MX and Z products together. Most of the settings apply to both products as they're really all running the same software. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

thank you 🙂
Nick
Head in the Cloud

The MX is the Security - SD WAN product. While the Z range is the teleworker / remote gateway device.

You can see the specs and difference here

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels