MX Site-to-site cross traffic

Solved
Abedjoud
Conversationalist

MX Site-to-site cross traffic

Hello, 

I am having quite a peculiar issue that I can't seem to figure how to resolve. I have a setup consisting of 1 MX appliance and I have 2 non-meraki peers I need to connect to. The connections are working perfectly. However, when VPN 1 tries to communicate with a client on VPN 2, cross traffic does not work. I understand that the ideal solution would be to establish an independent tunnel between VPN1 and VPN2. However, we do not control those networks and they are only setup for connecting to our MX. Any communication between VPN1 and VPN2 will need to happen through that MX appliance. When we had a Sonicwall, this was working with no issues. However, we can't seem to get it to work in the MX appliance even though we have setup static routes between the 2 subnets. Any help would be appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, unfortunately that is the case.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Abedjoud
Conversationalist

So, if I understand correctly, I cannot setup a manual nat traversal on my Meraki for my non-meraki peers?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, unfortunately that is the case.

Abedjoud
Conversationalist

Thank you! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels