MX Internet Flow Preferences by Application / Type / Website Internet

Mohammad
Getting noticed

MX Internet Flow Preferences by Application / Type / Website Internet

Is there a way to setup a flow preference for say youtube.com to only go out WAN 2?

It would also be nice if flow preferences could be setup like traffic shaping rules. "iTunes" and groups like "Video and Music" "Social Media" among others I'd love to be able to only send that traffic out over WAN 2

4 REPLIES 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I think that it's not possible at the moment. But I would expect that Meraki will implement it in the future. With "Smart Application Based Local Internet Breakout" the foundation is available in the MX. I could imagine that it will be expanded to internet-traffic also. But I would not wait for it.

If you really need it: Place a proxy server in a DMZ, configure it with two IPs and tell the proxy to use IP-A for general traffic and IP-B for social media. Then the Flow preferences of the MX can handle the rest.

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

What @KarstenI said is correct, there is no application based flow preferences, only IP/port based preferences - so unless you can figure them out it’s not much use. What are you trying to achieve by using the second WAN port for that traffic? Is it something the QoS/shaping can assist with, or something you can achieve using source-based path selection?

Mohammad
Getting noticed

@KarstenI  Thanks Mate.

@Bruce , I have 2 Link with different bandwidth, I want to use WAN 2 for YouTube and Facebook or other non critical application .

Is there any way to achieve like putting Facebook and Youtube on WAN 2 ?

Bruce
Kind of a big deal

Unfortunately no way that I can think of to achieve what you want other than what's already been suggested - I'd hit the 'Make a wish' button.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels