MX HA deployment with two Data Centers and Z3 Teleworker - Sensing link to reach the best MX

SOLVED
cargutier
Comes here often

MX HA deployment with two Data Centers and Z3 Teleworker - Sensing link to reach the best MX

We have two data center, North, and South. In each Datacenter, we need to deploy an MX100 like a VPN concentrator for connections from Z3 device for teleworkers. Besides, we want the HA between the datacenters in a hub-and-spoke model.

So, the question is: it is possible, from the perspective of a Z3 teleworker, sensing the best data center to make the VPN connection (like jitter or delay for example)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Interesting.  I know for sure when you setup the spokes you can set up multiple hubs to connect to but I believe it connects to the hubs based on "Hubs will be prioritized in descending order."

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Interesting.  I know for sure when you setup the spokes you can set up multiple hubs to connect to but I believe it connects to the hubs based on "Hubs will be prioritized in descending order."

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

See "Datacenter Redundancy" here: https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Site-to-site_VPN/Site-to-Site_VPN_Failover_Behavior

As @Adam said, this is not an active-active solution so the Z3 will send traffic to whatever the highest priority hub is unless it becomes unreachable. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12
cargutier
Comes here often

Thanks for your answers.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels