MX Dynamic Routing

JPScolar
Here to help

MX Dynamic Routing

Hello,

Is Dyanamic routing on the MX supported in NAT mode or only on VPN Concentrator mode?   I have heard that the BGP support on the MX is lacking a bit, for instance to set eBGP connectivity  to non-Meraki networks.  Any comments/advice on this? 

Thank you. 

Juan-Carlos Perez
3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Ospf can be used in both modes. But only advertise networks.

Bgp is currently only available in 1 armed concentrator mode

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

One more thing.

Note: MX devices in Routed mode only support OSPF on firmware versions 13.4+, when using the "Single LAN" LAN setting. OSPF is otherwise supported when the MX is in passthrough mode on any available firmware version. This can be set under Security & SD-WAN > Configure > Addressing & VLANs. 

Note: The MX will only advertise Meraki Auto VPN routes. The MX does not learn routes advertised by any OSPF neighbors.

Note: To achieve symmetrical routing between spoke MXs participating in AutoVPN and OSPF peers, the hub MX will need to have static route(s) configured for any subnets local to the OSPF peer, which will have to be advertised in the AutoVPN mesh (by switching the VPN mode for those particular static rotue(s) to Enabled).

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Also in routed mode via a private beta an MX 18.205

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels